Applications for 2020 Africa’s Business Heroes Competition are live and it’s open to participants from all African countries. Stand the chance to win tools to assist your Entrepreneurship journey. Apply today in English or French!
Application Deadline: 22nd June (from 9th June) 2020 23:59:59 GMT.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at:
- Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, we may host the Semi-Finale online in Aug. We will closely monitor the situation globally to determine the safest solution.
- The Finals will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia during the end of November/early December. This is subject to the situation regarding COVID-19.
- Applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- Applicant has traceable/provable African nationality. In other words, you have/had African citizenship and/or a Parent or Grandparent has African citizenship.
- Company is Africa-Based. The business is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- Company is post-Idea stage. Business is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history
- Vision, Mission & Values
- The importance/magnitude of the problem/need you’re addressing
- The feasibility and value-add of your solution
- Market traction of your solution
- Competitiveness of your product/solution
- The feasibility of your revenue model and financial projections
- Leadership & Team Potential
- Social Impact – the tangibility and sustainability of the impact you’re creating
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award:
|1st Prize Winner||$300,000|
|2nd Prize Winner||$250,000|
|3rd Prize Winner||$150,000|
|Other Top 10 Finalists (7)||$100,000|
|Global Immersion Program (Hangzhou, San Francisco, South East Asia)||$100,000|
ANPI will also cover all costs related to the Semi-Final.
- Exposure: Through the “Africa’s Business Heroes (ABH)” show, we provide our Heroes the chance to tell Africa and the world their story. The show is distributed via major television networks, which provides our finalists with significant publicity and exposure.
- Training: we offer our Heroes training at Alibaba’s headquarters via the prestigious eFounders fellowship training program. In addition, we are working with partners to develop bespoke training and accelerator services for our Top 10.
- Mentorship: we offer our Heroes the opportunity to be mentored by renowned business leaders including our Finale and Semi-Finale judges.
- Networking: we provide our heroes the opportunity to network at the ANPI summit, ANPI Business Heroes’ gatherings and deep-dives (e.g. China Trip), and through our Africa’s Business Heroes exclusive platform (to be released in 2021).
How to Apply: Apply to become a 2020 ANPI Business Hero now!
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.